Rust stains often show up in concrete during the course of a construction job. This isn’t going to be a major concern for the work crews while they’re still working at the job site, but once construction is completed and it’s time for the building’s owners to take occupancy, it’s important for construction crews to have reliable means of removing those rust spots.
Enter the Magica rust remover. This solution is safe to use on any surface, including concrete, which has made it an ideal product for construction companies that need to clean concrete before leaving a job site.
Here is some brief information about how you can use the Magica rust remover to clean up these rust spots before leaving a construction site behind for the final time:
- Analyze the stain: First and foremost, you’re going to want to get a sense of the extent of the stain. How much of the area has been affected? How serious does the stain seem to be? Look for any challenges you might have to overcome in the stain removal process, and get a good feel for the area in which the stain exists.
- Prepare the work area: Get some air flowing through the area, if possible. There might be some difficulties getting enough ventilation if you’re in an enclosed space—if this is the case, open up as many windows as you can and run some fans through the area. Before you apply the rust remover and begin the removal process, make sure you put on gloves and safety goggles, as well as long-sleeved shirts and long pants. Before you put the cleaner down, rinse the concrete with water and let it completely dry. This preps the concrete for application of the solution.
- Apply the cleaner: Spray the cleaner on the rust spots, following all the manufacturer’s instructions. Let the cleaning solution sit on the rust spots for the time instructed before you begin to scrub the area.
- Scrub out the spots: After you’ve let the cleaner sit and react with the rust, you can use a stiff nylon brush to start scrubbing the concrete’s surface. Avoid using metal brushes, as these can damage the concrete permanently. Scrub in a circular motion to help lift the stain from the concrete, and once the stain is clean to your satisfaction, rinse off the area with a hose.
- If necessary, use a pressure washer: If the stains are particularly nasty and cannot be removed with just the use of a brush, you may need to use a pressure washer. Let the cleaner sit on the stain for about 10 minutes or so, then wash the area to strip away the stain and rinse the cleaner. This should get the job done if scrubbing has failed you.
Want to know more about how Magica rust remover can help you put the final touches on your job site by removing rust stains? Contact Magica, Inc. today to learn more about the benefits of this cleaner.