Rust can attack iron and iron alloys when exposed to moisture and air. No matter how well you maintain your tools and equipment, rust can still form if you’re not careful. In fact, municipal water companies may be responsible—in some areas of the country, the water has a high iron content. This causes rust stains, which can damage your tools and equipment if left unchecked. DIY-ers and plant managers alike have learned that the easiest way to keep equipment and tools free of rust stains is with Magica. Magica is an easy-to-use rust stain removal product—no rubbing or scrubbing required.
How to prevent rust and rust stains
Here’s a closer look at how to keep your tool collection rust-free with Magica:
- Keep your tools and equipment in a dry area: Since rust forms when iron alloys are exposed to moisture and air, the best thing to do is keep your tools and equipment in a dry area. Depending on your workspace, it might all be the same—but if you have some areas that tend to be more humid than others, keep your metal tools away.
- Have your water tested: If your equipment depends on water to run, you might want to have your water tested for iron content. If the iron content is high, a water treatment specialist can help you find a solution.
- Run a fan, dehumidifier or air conditioner: If you have an air conditioner, run that whenever possible—it will help remove moisture from the air. Otherwise, you can run a fan or get a dehumidifier for your workspace.
- Use a rust inhibitor: Another way to prevent rust from forming is to use a rust inhibitor. You can simply spray these products on exposed metal as a protective layer.
- Use silica gel packets in toolboxes: You know those silica gel packets that come in everything from shoeboxes to packages? They’re meant to remove moisture from the air. Save these gel packets and put them in your toolboxes to keep your tools as moisture-free as possible.
- Seal exposed parts with sealant or paint. Finally, you can seal the exposed metal parts with a special sealant or paint. After all, if the metal isn’t exposed to water or air, rust can’t form.
How to remove rust stains if they occur
If you already have rust stains on your tools and equipment, Magica Rust Remover can help. Available in both spray and gel forms, this handy solution turns rust stains into harmless salts. You won’t have to scrub the tools or even rub them with a rag—the rust stains will disappear right before your eyes.
Magica Rust Remover is the best equipment rust stain removal tool around. No matter where your rust stains appear, you can get them out with Magica—even when stains transfer to fabric, floors or other challenging surfaces. If you’re interested in purchasing Magica for yourself, shop online or get in touch with us to learn more about how our products can help.