Your car is an investment, so of course you want to do everything you can to prevent finding rust on your car. This is especially vital when you live in a place with a lot of rain and snow. Since rust only requires moisture, iron and air to develop, your vehicle could be on its way to earning the rustbucket title.
Luckily, it’s easy to avoid with some preventative care—and Magica Rust Stain Remover, of course.
Here are our best tips to prevent car rust:
- Wash your car: One of the easiest ways to prevent rust and keep your vehicle looking great, is to wash it. Try to wash at least once per week, especially in the wintertime. Getting rid of dirt and grime will keep rust from accumulating.
- Rinse off road salt: Road salt can be corrosive to your car’s body and undercarriage. Rinse off road salt as often as possible, including the underside of your vehicle.
- Get a ceramic coating: Auto shops offer ceramic coatings for your vehicle’s body. The coating is applied directly to your car’s paint, which strengthens and protects it. Not only does it keep rust away, but it will also prevent scratches and other exterior damage for up to three years.
- Clear the drain plugs: When you’re washing your car, check the drain plugs for debris. When the drain plugs get clogged, water can accumulate inside, causing rust to form. These plugs are located under your car doors and around the edges of your trunk and hood.
- Keep the car interior dry: A wet interior can spread outside the car cabin, which causes rust. If you spill liquids or otherwise get the interior wet, blot up as much as possible with old towels. You might leave the windows open to facilitate better air drying, too.
- Park wisely: Parking your car on grass, dirt, snow or moisture is just asking for rust to form. Whenever possible, park indoors on dry concrete or other inorganic surfaces.
- Keep the fuel tank full: Rusty fuel pump modules can cost thousands of dollars to replace. To avoid this problem, keep your fuel tank topped off. It will cut down on the condensation that accumulates and help prevent rust.
- Blow air around the fuel tank: Finally, consider taking a few minutes to blow air around the fuel tank. Grab some compressed air (and safety goggles); then spray around the fuel tank and other components. This will dislodge dirt and debris and prevent rust from forming.
After you’ve removed the rust on your car, use Magica Rust Stain Remover to get rid of any rust stains. All you have to do is spray Magica on the rust stains and wait as they disappear right before your eyes. It’s fast, easy and effective—you don’t have to scrub to get rid of unsightly stains.
Magica Rust Stain Remover comes in two different formulations and a number of sizes. Shop online, or call us today to learn more about our wholesale opportunities.
Categorised in: Rust Stain Remover